Subset Editor - Create validator and documentation at once
- Enhanced validation - Why Truugo?
- Subset Editor - create validator and documentation at once
- Test profile - a key to customized and efficient content validation
- Test report - a formal and sensible feedback
- Test form - content validation as an easy self-service
- Simulation - reliability into b2b messaging
Subset Editor enables a cost-efficient process to specify custom requirements for structured data (documents/messages) to create detailed validator and documentation at once.
Generate initial subset by using message sample(s) as a basis. Subset Editor automatically marks which message structure and elements are in use (processed by the receiver) and adds example values for each data element.
All you need to do is to add your custom restrictions:
- Which items are required (or recommended)
- Which items are conditionally required (= required in certain conditions)
- Customized max repeat (how many times each element can be repeated)
- Customized data content restrictions (length, enumeration, pattern)
In addition, internal/subset notes can be added to generate message documentation from the same source.
Subset Editor auto-generates a test profile for detailed message validation. No code nor superior knowledge is needed for setting up a detailed validator. If more complex rules are needed, advanced Truugo users may add fine-grained rules in Profile Editor. Those rules can be implemented using XPath, Truugo function library and own data files.
Subset Editor generates also message documentation based on your detailed requirements. This saves a lot of resources and helps to keep validator and documentation always in sync. In team use, Subset Editor also helps to harmonize documentation process and its outputs.
Subset Editor can be used with different message syntaxes. Built-in support exists for XML and EDIFACT syntaxes, other formats are supported after a preconfiguration. Read more about EDIFACT Subset Editor.Next article: Test profile - a key to customized and efficient content validation