Create validator and documentation at once
Subset Editor enables a cost-efficient process to specify custom requirements for structured data (documents/messages) to create detailed validator and documentation at once.
Generate the initial subset using message sample(s) as a basis. Subset Editor automatically marks which message elements are used (processed by the receiver) and adds a value example for each data element.
Add your custom restrictions using an easy (low-code) editor:
- change non-mandatory items required (or recommended)
- change non-mandatory items conditionally required (= required in certain conditions)
- customize max repeat values (how many times each element can be repeated)
- customize data content restrictions (length, enumeration, pattern)
- add remarks to generate message documentation from the same source
Subset Editor auto-generates a test profile for detailed message validation. No code nor superior knowledge is needed for setting up a detailed validator. However, when more complex rules are required, advanced Truugo users may add fine-grained test assertions using XPath, Truugo function library, and their data files.
Subset Editor also generates message documentation based on your detailed requirements. This saves a lot of resources and helps to keep the validator and documentation always in sync. In team use, Subset Editor also helps to harmonize the documentation process and its outputs.
Subset Editor supports various message syntaxes. Built-in support exists for XML and EDIFACT syntaxes, a custom preprocessor is needed for other formats. Read more about EDIFACT Subset Editor and XML Subset Editor.
Next article: Test profile - a key to customized and efficient content validation