Create validator and documentation at once
Subset Editor enables a cost-efficient process to specify custom requirements for structured data (documents/messages) to create detailed validator and documentation at once.
Generate initial subset by using message sample(s) as a basis. Subset Editor automatically marks which message elements are in use (processed by the receiver) and adds value example for each data element.
Add your custom restrictions using easy (low-code) editor:
- change non-mandatory items required (or recommended)
- change non-mandatory items conditionally required (= required in certain conditions)
- customize max repeat values (how many times each element can be repeated)
- customize data content restrictions (length, enumeration, pattern)
- add remarks to generate message documentation from the same source
Subset Editor auto-generates a test profile for detailed message validation. No code nor superior knowledge is needed for setting up a detailed validator. When more complex rules are needed, advanced Truugo users may add fine-grained rules using XPath, Truugo function library and own data files.
Subset Editor generates also message documentation based on your detailed requirements. This saves a lot of resources and helps to keep validator and documentation always in sync. In team use, Subset Editor also helps to harmonize documentation process and its outputs.
Subset Editor can be used with different message syntaxes. Built-in support exists for XML and EDIFACT syntaxes, other formats are supported after a pre-configuration. Read more about EDIFACT Subset Editor and XML Subset Editor.